In Starfield, you will face many dangers during your exploration on foot. You can increase your chances of survival by approaching these encounters with different styles.
You can also enhance your ranged combat skills by investing in any of the desired skills.
- Pistol Certification
- Shotgun Certification
- Heavy Weapon Certification
- Particle Beams
- Rifle Certification
- Rapid Reloading
- Sniper Certification
- Armor Penetration
Players can also invest skill points in the various skill trees to become deadlier and more effective.
- If you could use some help, sometimes you can hack robots for combat assistance.
- Make sure to heal your character as necessary during and in-between combat.
- If things get too messy, you can flee from combat.
Due to how large the worlds are you may need to place a great deal of space between yourself and the enemies. When you have successfully left combat your indicator in the bottom left corner should no longer be red.
To hack robots to fight by your side, go to a computer and do the following:
- Update the friend/foe status to protect the current user(you).
- Remove combat inhibitors.
- Activate the unit.
The robot will fight with you until the battle is over or it is dismantled. These robots will not join you on your Starship or leave the immediate area. They will only fight alongside you where they are currently located.
Change Difficulty Level
All difficulty levels affect damage and the chance to encounter legendary enemies. You can change the difficulty level in the Gameplay Settings.
From the pause menu:
- Select "Settings" -> "Gameplay"
You can choose the following difficulty levels:
- Very Easy
- Very Hard